In addition to these nine standards, participating students are coached on the importance of making a favorable impression through personal appearance, a positive attitude and clear, articulate communication – both in person and in writing.
- Academic - Has a 2.0 GPA and meets all graduation requirements
- Attendance - Attends school on a consistent basis; notifies school of planned absences in advance (98%)
- Discipline - Avoids disciplinary referrals by displaying self-discipline and self-responsibility (No more than 1)
- Community Service - Applies Governor's Work Ethic standards in real-world situations while completing the mimimum hours of community service during the school year
- Organization* - Displays strong personal and time management skills and the ability to be flexible in different situations
- Punctuality* - Punctual in completing classroom assignments
- Respectfulness* - Respects the rights of others and demonstrates this to fellow students, teachers and administrators
- Teamwork* - Demonstrates cooperation with others
*Criteria that require assessment by three teachers and one other individual such as a coach, counselor, or administrator.